Monday 28 January 2013

Hello Giggles Presents 'Young Adult' Art Show at Gallery1988

I was super excited to be invited to be a part of the upcoming "Young Adult" show at Gallery1988. Gallery1988 has teamed up with HelloGiggles.com, (created by Zooey Deschanel, Sophia Rossi, and Molly Mcaleer) to create a nostalgic art show inspired by teen-focused literature. It will feature pieces inspired by Sweet Valley High, Goosebumps, Nancy Drew, and The Babysitters Club. 
I chose to create pieces inspired by the teenage super sleuth Nancy Drew. I wanted share a little sneak peek...

g1988, hellogiggles, Nancy Drew, Esther Bayer, gallery1988
The Mystery of the Blue Ink

g1988, hellogiggles, Nancy Drew, Esther Bayer, gallery1988
The Clue Behind the Book

The show will open on Feb. 2nd from 7-10 PM, with a public reception. The show will run through February 23, be sure to check it out if you are in the LA area!








3 comments:

  1. Hi. I thought you should know that I recently came across an Instagram user who I suspected of art theft and decided to check it out, which is what led me to you. I believe that this user has posted one of your pieces while claiming it to be their own. I'm referring specifically to a simplistic piece featuring a woman with blue hair and green eyes who is looking over her shoulder. Due to Instagram's copyright infringement reporting policies I cannot report the stolen work, only the owner of the rights to each particular work can. I thought that you might want to report the art theft. Their username on Instagram is sharmisthakrishna and this link should lead to their profile: https://www.instagram.com/sharmisthakrishna/?hl=en . What you choose to do is entirely up to you, I just thought that you ought to know that such a theft had occurred.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for letting me know. That's very kind and thoughtful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a problem, I'm glad that I could be of service.

      Delete